County Down Press is our Erotica imprint. We produce quality, indie erotica titles from the industry’s most talented new authors. County Down—where romance gets steamy.
For less explicit romances, visit Lagan Press.
We are currently seeking submissions. (Please refer to the following guidelines before submitting.) If you have a story you’d like us to see and you meet the submission guidelines, send an email to our submissions coordinator with your synopsis and story as Microsoft Word attachments.
We accept short stories through novella-length works, anything from 7,500 to 35,000 words. We will consider anthologies and collections, but we reserve the right to accept or reject any work for inclusion.
No manuscript will be considered that is in any way prejudicial, insulting, or degrading to an individual or group of people.
Although people struggle with the differences between erotica and pornography, we stand firm on what we consider erotica, and list the following standards for our County Down Imprint:
- NO children can be involved in a sexual act (voluntary or forced), or be a witness to one.
- NO incest (for our purposes, we aren’t only referring to actual relatives, but also half- and step-relatives and distant family).
- NO rape scenes for excitement. If a rape is used as part of character development, it will be allowed, but the rapist must be a villain in the scenario. Heroes can’t be redeemed from such an act, and the act itself can’t be used for enjoyment value; it must be presented as an unwanted assault.
- NO bodily functions as sexual activity (these include golden showers, scat, etc.).
- NO necrophilia. (This doesn’t include paranormal creatures who “died” hundreds of years ago. If they look hale and hearty, being “undead” is fine.)
- NO weapons of any kind can be inserted into a person as a sex act.
- NO bestiality. (This includes any earthly animal. Paranormal creatures are an exception, but no cross-breed unions of two or more creatures.)
Types of Erotica We Accept